RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2000 monaco coach with an ISC 350 cummins the

Customer Question
Hello I have a 2000...
Hello I have a 2000 monaco coach with an ISC 350 cummins the other day I changed the belt tensioner and belt had my wife bump the key 3-4 times to make sure the belt was tracking straight the had her fire it over it cranked about 5 times and then lost all the power to the dash then about 2 mins it comes back alive and try to start it again it goes tick-tick and then the dash goes dead again checked the batteries pulled the starter had it checked come back good disconnected trigger wire from starter used a test light have power on the trigger wire to the starter hooked it back up now I have no power to the dash at all
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/10/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....
Near the battery you should have a house disconnect switch and a chassis disconnect switch, do you have power in and out of the chassis disconnect switch?, if so check all the fuses in that compartment, follow the cable to the breaker box and look for a tripped breaker, that box should be in the front roadside compartment. I might get a test light and follow the path from the battery, through the disconnect to the chassis fuse box check all the fuses and breakers... Robert
I have power on the main leg coming from the rear chassis dissconnect switch in the into a fuse box area to the D/S in front of the wheel there is a printed circuit board which has a bunch of fuses and there are 2 small fuse boxes underneath that I've checked all off them to be good and I back probed the key switch and I have no power there
Try to follow the harness into the dash, look for any plug connectors as well, sometimes they will use a male and female plug that will pug together and carry a bunch of the DC wires. Sometimes they can vibrate loose. Not sure where to look next as if the chassis fuse box has voltage it should be getting to the dash area. IF you like I can put your question back up for others... Robert
if I have power inside that left front fuse box is there any other fusible links in that circuit to the dash cluster
could that printed circuit board have gone bad were it has the engine ignition relay
I would not think there would be any fuses in the dash area...
The printed circuit board could be at fault, is the only thing that is making any kind of sense. Is there a name or model number on that circuit board?
Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic