Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

2005 Ford Teuch4500 chassis with a V10 m\engine: Starter motor

Customer Question

Starter motor failed in a 2005 Ford 4500 motor home. Please let me know how to remove all three bolts and change out for a new starter motor. Space near the highest bolt is very limited. Your hel or suggrstions are really apprediated. Thanks, John
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
John, you are correct and the best way to access the top bolt is the way I do it, take a long extension and or two that will reach the bolt and a 13 mm wobbly socket and come in from the front over the top of the engine cross member, do this bolt first so when the other two bolts are removed it will come right out. Also be sure to disconnect the negative battery before you remove the starter and or the battery cable.