RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Onan Marquis 550 in my RV that cranks over

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Onan...
Hello, I have a Onan Marquis 550 in my RV that cranks over by its self. I had to disconnect the cable from the solenoid to get it to stop.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/10/2015
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Inspect for any shorted or damaged wiring leading from the switch or at the motor/generator itself as this can cause this fault here.If any shorts are found the affected short will need repaired.
if this is all checked and found o.k. I suspect the solenoid itself on the generator is shorted needing replaced.
Thanks Pete