Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I'm trying to run my A/C with my Onan 5500 generator, when

Customer Question

I'm trying to run my A/C with my Onan 5500 generator, when the hour glass on my Dometic thermostat goes away it give me a E7 code. Any ideal?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert
The E-7 code means loss of AC power to the boards on the AC unit. Go to the generator and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on it, it should have two breakers. Most likely you will have to remove the side panel to get to the breakers.
Make sure the breaker inside the RV is also not tripped. Next I would plug into shore power and see if you get the same code, if so issue with the AC unit, loose connection, bad module board etc.
Hope this helps... Robert