RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My awning won't retract, hit button to retract "nothing"...

Customer Question
Any ideas?...
My awning won't retract, hit button to retract "nothing"... Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/7/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
What I would do is make some jumper leads and try applying voltage with a DC source directly to the motor and see if the awning will run in, make sure to swap the jumper wires as the motor will want to go in or out. IF the awning does not move then bad motor. IF the motor moves then I would inspect the connections on the switch, make sure you have voltage going to the switch. I also have seen where the switch connectors will bend on the back from the inside wall so make sure they look good.... Hope this helps. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert