gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Where can I purchase a replacement range hood with the tank

Customer Question

Where can I purchase a replacement range hood with the tank level indicators, water heater switch, water pump switch, and the generator remote start
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, can you take a photo of the one your replaceing and attatch it here? thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't right now. I'm not in the motorhome.
Thanks for responding, when you get a chance, also look up from under the original, and see if you see a data sticker, any information you get will be helpful, thanks............Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a number we wrote down 50999-51 er
thanks, I've been going thru my research, and have seen a few items, but to be sure more info is good, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll be able to get a pic in a few minutes
thanks I'll be here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent pics to the email
thanks, ***** ***** need the range hood, or the monitor panel, or both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The monitor panel for sure but we would like both if it isn't too expensive. The pic was only half.
Hi, that configuration is obsolete mainly the mechanism that opens and closes the vent. can you measure the width of the vent thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I assume you meant the outside vent. Its 11 3/4 by 5 1/2. Sorry about the long delays. We've had grandchildren today.
thanks take your time, I have to determine what you can use as a replacement, as neither is available.....enjoy the kids
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The switch to the water heater doesn't work now. The water heater isn't coming on.
Hi, thanks the switch passes power to the waterheater, ck the switch for power, if none is there check the fuse panel, if it does have power, and you are in need of hot water, attatch the two wires togeather bypassing the switch, I am going to call Ventline, and Jensen tomorrow and see if we can get you an appropriate replacment. Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked the fuse and it's fine. We're alright for now because we only use the motorhome on weekends but we are planning a trip in a couple of weeks.
thanks for your response, next thing to do is pull the switch out, or pull the face off the panel, and check to see if the switch is passing power thru it when on.... Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We did. It started with the tank level switch so we switched it with the hood light switch. It worked briefly letting the lights come on then it quit. We opened it again to try another switch and got nothing. The only thing on the panel that works is the water pump indicator and the generator switch. We suspect the board is fried.
May very well be is there power going to the board and is that where the waterheater switch gets its power?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I believe all the switches get power from it except the water pump and generator. The water pump and generator have separate places to turn on so the board doesn't control them.
thanks, ***** ***** do my research tomorrow, thanks,
the circuit board has some numbers on it, can you get them to me, also any other information you see, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
L5099-51 ER
thanks, I'll talk to you tomorrow
Hi, What I have discovered is that you need to have the circuit board sent out, and repaired, two places to check....dinosaur electronics(###) ###-#### ***** control systems lab 1800(###) ###-####,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for your patience............Michael
I have received more information, look on the blower housing for a part number would be EX: TML-5053-SWD thanks