RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The air in the back of our forest river F3 isn't coming

Customer Question
Hello. The air in the...
Hello. The air in the back of our forest river F3 isn't coming on. Any ideas what we might need to check?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/5/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, does the airconditioner use a wall thermostat or are the controls on the ceiling with the ac? Is this a dometic, coleman ect ? Please give me as much information as you can. Are you plugged into shorepower? 30 or 50 amp service,,,,,,,thanks....Michael
Thermastat. 2014 fr3 we r driving so not hooked up. Dometic. Usually works when we r driving.
It is on and we see a temp. Could it be a fuse?
so your driving, and using the generator, go to the generator, and check to make sure the breakers have not tripped, and if the thermostat is showing something it is not a fuse,,,,,,,,,does the front ac work and the other receptacles?
Does the generator need to be on? Front ac works
We rnt sure where the breakers r for the generator. But generator is working.
yes if you are not plugged into shorepower the generator needs to be running to operate the roof airconditioner, the breakers are on the control of the generator, where the switch is
Ok we r stopping to try it.
thanks, ***** ***** now how you do........
also the filter cover for the ac is that an isse? We have it taped on.
It would not stop it from comming on
Ok
thanks, ***** ***** you have some results as I must answer to each of your responses, thanks
Do we have to take cover off generator?
If you dont see the controls, depending on the model of generator, you may need to remove a cover
Didn't work.
what didnt work, please be more specific
The fan doesn't kick on either
Flipping the circuit breaker on generator it is an onon4000
I still dont understand what your saying to me, ex. we turned on the breakes on the generator they were off, or they were on, I need as much information as you can give me
We stopped and went to generator and flipped circuit breaker. That didn't work.
Go back inside and check the breakers on the distrabution panel,,,,,,,,,,,,,from here you will need a volt meter