Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have just purchased a 2003 Glendale Titanium Fifth Wheel

Customer Question

We have just purchased a 2003 Glendale Titanium Fifth Wheel 28E33SB and we are having electrical issues. We have checked fuses, etc. but the air conditioning/Furnace thermostat on the wall is not working. We are also wondering if you know if the trailer we have has a combination water heater, i.e. is it only gas or can it also be run on electricity? Any help would be much appreciated! Other than the issues above, the trailer is in excellent condition.
Thanks, Rosie
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert.....
Do you have a digital thermostat? IF so is it blank, not turning on?
On the water heater if you go to the outside access there should be a sticker with the make and model, it will be an Atwood or Suburban, need to know what the model number says....
Thanks, Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the thermostat is blank. Where we should be able to see the temperature, it is blank. Can you help with that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have the make and model of the water heater. will get later today.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
From my experince if the T-stat is dead then it could be a problem with the circuit board inside the AC unit, on some boards they have a blade style fuse. The circuit board would be in one of two spots. It would be under the plastic cover inside, you pull the cover off and look up into the AC unit and you will see a silver box, that box would have to come down and then a plate removed to see the board. IF you do check shut the breaker off for the AC unit. The other place the board would be is on the roof, you would have to pull the large cover on the AC unit and the board will be contained in a silver box. IF you have DC voltage going into that board then you have a bad thermostat or board.
As far as the water heater on the Suburbans under the outside access panel lower left corner there is a small switch that switch has to be on for AC power, so when you are plugged in it will heat on electric. The Atwoods have a dual switch inside, normally a white plate with two switches, it would be in the hallway, bathroom or monitor panel.... Hope this helps some.... Robert
IF you want to get back to me with the make and model of the water heater that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert