RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a brand new refrigerator, does not work on 112 Volts.

Customer Question
Power to it checks out...
I have a brand new refrigerator, does not work on 112 Volts. Power to it checks out fine, had it plugged in for 24 hours, no cooling
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
anyone there?
6/4/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, go to the back of the refer and verify there is 12volts going to the refer from the coach, thanks
it does not have a 12 volt hook up. Dometic 2410, runs gas and 110
Hi, does your unit have a pushbutton piezo lighter? (thats the striker for the gas igniton) thanks
yes i believe it does
I am looking at the installation manual and the wiring diagram, does not show any 12 volt hook up
the 2510 does show 12 volt hook up on wiring diagram
Thanks, ***** ***** have a manual lighter, you are correct, no 12volt supply, your refer is an older model, and you have told me it is new, has it been in storage for quite a while?
I just bought it in January this year. Had it shipped to California, not sure when it was manufactured, but was new when I unwrapped it
The manual has a 2014 date on it
this is interesting, take a look at this service manual for the 2410, and tell me if this is your refer, thanks
yes that is it
I did put my meter on what I think is the "terminal block" On the load side to ground read 60 volts, on the neutral side to ground read 60 volts. I thought that was strange.
thanks, ***** ***** as if Im in the twilight zone...anyway, as the refer uses a manual rotary switch, and it uses contact that make/break..........So go to the back of the refer, and lets check to see first if there is power going to the heater. you need to take the plastic cover off the controls, one screw on right up, and one on the left, carefully remove the cover, and test for power at the terminal to the heating element located in the heat stack, thanks
I am not at the unit right now, at another location. i can do that tomorrow.
Thanks my manual is dated 1999, perhaps they brought that model back into production, that would be good, as all others now have electronic control, and require 12volt supply, follow the power, does it cool on gas ?