RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Starcraft autumn ridge camper. New battery. I plugged…

Customer Question
I have a Starcraft autumn...
I have a Starcraft autumn ridge camper. New battery. I plugged trailer in . I had full use of all lights, plugs etc. after 7 weeks of being plugged in, the battery is dead, all electric outlets work, but no lights work . Can someone help me on this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/4/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
It sounds like the power converter is at fault, when you are plugged in the power converter takes the incoming AC voltage and makes the DC voltage, it should also charge the battery. Sometimes between the converter and battery you will find a shortstop auto breaker. As a general rule if you had one it would be 18" of the battery and could be on the frame. The auto breaker will have two posts on it and mist have a small tab that pops out when it trips.
The other issue is the power converter. The power converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone style will have two fuses on it, normally they are close to the breaker panel, under the fridge stove etc... IF you know the make and model of the power converter I might be able to help you more... Robert