RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Why would the solenoid on the hydraulics click when the button…

Customer Question
Why would the solenoid on...
Why would the solenoid on the hydraulics click when the button is pushed, but the pump does not run, thus sliders and levelers do not work?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/2/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, the solenoid can click as its receiving the signal from the switch, yet not send power thru it as it has an internal contact that can become fouled. The motor/tank and solenoid are all mounted togeather, so some testing needs to be done to see whats happening . test light or voltmeter is necessary, do you have either of these? thanks......Michael
I am not near the RV right now. I will take a reading when I get to where the RV is. Thanks
thanks for responding, see if power is passed thru the solenoid, and onto the motor, ck all connections while you are there, thanks, ***** ***** await your reply.......Michael
good morning, hav'nt heard from you for a bit, wondering how your making out... thanks Michael