RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold m#662 frig 2 way in my 1987 rv fridge worked fine dur…

Customer Question
I have a norcold m#662...
I have a norcold m#662 frig 2 way in my 1987 rv fridge worked fine during last yrs use stored thru long maine winter now not working I am a licensed gas tech but commercial hvac not rv expertise no display on eyebrow and no ops ac or gas cked 120v&12v supply voltage it's ok pulled eyebrow no apparent damage to the board I can manually lite pilot by connecting 12v to gas pilot solenoid and manually lighting thru inspection door works great but obviously unsafe except for troubleshoot do I need main ignition module or igniter module or eyebrow cked wiring and connections all seem ok
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/2/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 7 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, hi with no control lights inside, ck to see if the refer has 12volts to the control board, thanks your model uses two boards, upper and lower, the lower board is the control, changes from gas/elect, the upper is the igniton module, opens gas valve, and sends ignition signal to the burner
Good morning, hav'nt heard from you for a bit, wondering how your making out... thanks Michael
Ck'd for 12 volts at Lower control board 12 v on terms j3&j4
thanks for getting back to me, take the cover off of the lower board, and you will see fuses on the board, unplug the electrical (120vac) and test the fuses, one is for 12 v the other is ac.
Fuses are both good
thanks, ***** ***** the coach, look at the refrigerator and see if you can find the high humidity switch, work that switch back and forth , and see if the refer comes on, if not, take the switch out, check for power there, then test the switch for its sending power out on one of the two outputs,