RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 rv with a norcold fridge. the panel lights up…

i have a 2005 rv...
i have a 2005 rv with a norcold fridge. the panel lights up and the green light flashes but does not get cold on electric or gas. the panel is plugged in, but there is no power going to the board. there is no heat or spark at the back panel to heat the fluid. what should i check?
6/1/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
What is the model of the Norcold?
Also can you go to the outside access panel and look for a small black box with a single led light on it? Need to know if you see that box and the LED is ON, it would be red..... Robert
im at work, so i dont know the model # ***** outside panel plugs into an outlet, but there is no power to that outlet. i plugged something in to test it. the front of the fridge has a sliding switch to change the temp, and a selector for auto/gas/or electric. these light up, but i dont see any lights on the panel on the inside of the access panel.
OK
All the fridge needs to turn ON is DC power, so it should at least be working on LP...
IF you can get the model number and get back to me it will help allot, I am around daily and respond when I can, just respond back to this when you are ready...
Robert
n811 rt and there is no light on the panel board.
OK
so let me recap, N811, and the controls are not turning on at all? And the plug in is not working?
Robert
the front of the refig. is lit. the heater/propane is not heating the refrigerant, when i pulled the blade type fuse in the back panel, it stopped making a buzzing sound, and it resumed when i plugged it back in. the slow blo glass fuse is unblown
OK
Do you have a volt meter, need to check what the DC voltage is going into the fridge. Also if the lights are flashing inside on the fridge need to know which ones and how many times, sometimes for faults it will give a code.
Robert
the green one flashes 5 times then pauses, then 5 times again. dont have a volt meter. ive got it plugged in to ac at this time. when i unplug from ac, lights go off on fridge.
OK
The 5 times means the controls are locked out. What you are going to have to do is reset the circuit board. It will depend on the board you have. Below are two links for you with the reset procedure, copy and paste each link into your browser and you can see the circuit board and how to clear that code. It is the only way to get that fault to go away. IF the fault does not clear and the board is buzzing I suspect it has failed. Also verify the incoming voltage to the board it should be around 12 volts.
The AC cord plug in not working should not have anything to do with this, all the fridge needs is DC power to work on LP.....
Links...
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf
Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating.... Robert
i think thats going to work. ill check in the morning and then select a rating. thanks!
sounds good...
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic