RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a 319rls cougar high country and the stabilizer jacks,

Customer Question
awning, and the three slide...
We have a 319rls cougar high country and the stabilizer jacks, awning, and the three slide outs are not working. We have checked the fuse box and don't see any blown fuses, but have heard there could be fuses elsewhere that could be blown, but not sure where they are. We need to find all the fuses or be able to manually override the slideouts as one is half in.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/1/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
Many times the jacks and slide-room can be wired directly to the battery, make sure you have good battery voltage at the battery, it should be around 12 volts.
Many times when the slide-room and Jacks are wired to the battery they will use a breaker on the cables to the battery. As a general rule if you had them they would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. The breaker will have two posts on it and the voltage from each post to chassis ground should be the same. Most have a small tab that pops out on them when they trip. Hope this helps IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Hey Robert,
We were taking the carpet out of the bedroom and it went under the bed (which is in the slide) because of mold, we ripped the caps off two wires that were just capped off and they touched. I isolated them again and checked all the breakers and fuses i could find but I am thinking there is one hidden some were. I checked by the battery for the breaker didn't find one just a 30 amp fuse for the main jack
OK
Not sure where it would be hiding, normally the fuses would be inside near the fuse/breaker panel and near the battery. Also make sure that battery voltage is good, when you are plugged in the power converter makes the DC voltage not the battery. IF you like I can put your question back up for other experts? My goal is for you to be satisfied... Robert
I would appreciate that, we are/were plugged in at the time and the slide was working until we got those wires out from under the slide, so that's why we think we blew a fuse somewhere, I think I found the two posts you were talking about, they are called short stops, and they run through each other, one runs to the main jack which is working, I don't know if that means they both work or not, and I didn't see a tab, so I don't know how to tell if they are blown or not?
Yes they would be shortstop auto breakers. With out a volt meter it would be hard to test, the voltage on each post should be the same. Some are thermal as well and do not have a tiny tab on them. What you can also do for testing is get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if the power comes on for the items not working... Robert
hmm ok tried the wire and jumping the posts, no response from our slide....
OK
Let me put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will have some input. I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily... Robert
ok thank you
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic