RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Started 1988 4k onan gen. turned on roof ac,10 sec.later, I…

Customer Question
started 1988 4k onan gen...
started 1988 4k onan gen. turned on roof ac,10 sec.later, I know ,well it shuts down,then all it does is turn over,the generator that is,so I check,no tripped breaker,maybe its spark,it appears the spark plug looks a little on the lean side,so I install a new spark plug .its getting fuel,turning over,not starting.now after several attempts,it not even wanting to turn over,so while the starter cooling,the wife called me over to the computer,hope you can help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/1/2015
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 3 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of the genset, exactly as it is written on the data label?
Is this unit running on gasoline or LP?
.
model;4.0BGL 4OBGE-1R26101E the last letter could also be a I its not very legebal.