gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Randall, I have a 2008 Tiffin Alegro bus Thermostat is comfort

Customer Question

Randall, I have a 2008 Tiffin Alegro bus Thermostat is comfort zc. thermostat is dead, checked power and only getting 1.5 to 2.49 volts, where does power source come from and could that be my prob. was told thermostat needs at least 5 volts to operate. have checked all fused and breakers in mh
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Need to ask this but that thermostat should have a glass fuse under the face of it, have you removed the cover and checked that fuse. If not remove it for about 5 mins and put it back in, make sure it is not loose on the fuse holder. Also if you look up inside the AC unit you should see a control box, this is where the thermostat plugs into, I believe it is a 9 pin, on the control box a green light should be on, is that light ON?
Robert