gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My electric tongue jack (hitch) on my RV won't work (raise

Customer Question

My electric tongue jack (hitch) on my RV won't work (raise or lower). It is hook up to 30 amp power at the house. Everything else in the RV works, including AC. I disconnected power from the house and plugged into the truck, with engine running.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, normally the tongue jack is wired directly to the battery, I would like you do do some testing, so we can see if the problem is a voltage issue, or another issue......Follow the wires from jack to where they hook up, there may be a auto breaker on the positive wire to the battery we need to test the voltage at the battery, the voltage to the wires as they enter the jack........Look at connections, clean and tighten if necessary.The auto breaker looks like this