Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have dual roof a/c units with a dual zone furnace that was converted from a 4 button duo

Customer Question

I have dual roof a/c units with a dual zone furnace that was converted from a 4 button duo therm comfort control center (CCC) to a 5 button CCC. Everything worked fine for just over a year. Then I was unable to select the furnace in zone 2. Shortly after that, zone 2 stopped showing up at all on the CCC. I've tried resetting the CCC with no luck. How can I confirm where the problem lies (front A/C circuit board, rear board, CCC, wiring? Perhaps swapping the circuit boards from the front A/C to the rear A/C to see if the problem follows the circuit board?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
You are on the right track on this, I would swap the board and see if the problem changes or you get an EE code when you swap them, if the problem changes bad board, just make a note of the dip switches as they might be set differently from the front to rear. Also you need to do the reset again or anytime the rj-11 cable is unplugged or the dip switches are moved. Just to be clear on the reset, turn it OFF hold the top and bottom buttons then turn it on, you should see FF once you see FF release. The only reason I mention this is because I have seen some customers try to do it with the thermostat still on and it will not work... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit... Robert