RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We bought a new filter cap, filter and filter cup, however,

Customer Question
when we turned the water...
We bought a new filter cap, filter and filter cup, however, when we turned the water on, the seal didn't appear to work, allowing water to escape. What are we doing wrong. All pieces are new. BTW, we have a 2003 Shamrock.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
5/26/2015
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Check for any restrictions in the water flow as this will cause excessive back pressure and can cause the leak here.If this is o.k. this may be an issue with the water pump pumping to much pressure needing checked and possibly replaced.
Thanks Pete