Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have no power to the 24 volt system under the refrige. there

Customer Question

I have no power to the 24 volt system under the refrige. there must be main fuse or cuircit breaker blown . where can this be. 2000 Fleatwood Dicovery
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
What is the exact issue is the fridge not turning on? Also you mention 24 volt, normally it is a 12 volt system, need to clarify on that... Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
t is 12 volts. I no voltage to the DC side of fuse box under the fridge. I also have only parcial DC voltage under the dash. N Frige No slides No radio or lights in coach. Generator wont start
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
SO are you missing ALL the DC power inside? What I would do is hit the house disconnect switch and listen for a click, that would be the solenoid that allows DC power into the RV, find the solenoid and check the large posts on the solenoid for power, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the large posts and see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid. You should also have another fuse/breaker box near the batteries and inverter, on the bottom of that box are some circuit breakers make sure they are not tripped some power passes through that box for the house items. I might also get a test light and follow the cable from the battery to that box and probe each fuse and breaker... Hope this helps some... Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I jumped the solinod and the fridge and lights come on.With a test light it seamed the two signal wires that one was bright and the other week. If I can not get soliniod. can I put a switch in place to get going
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Good Job!!!
Try tapping on that solenoid sometimes that will unseat them, you should be able to bypass it but I would keep an eye on it make sure the wires are not getting hot on the wiring you use for the bypass and you should be fine...
IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating IT is the only way I get credit for helping this holiday weekend. Robert