RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL MY KING DOME ON MY COACH IT HAS AN…

Customer Question
I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL...
I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL MY KING DOME ON MY COACH IT HAS AN OLD CRANK UP SAT ANT ON IT NOW AND THE WIRES ARE RG-56 AND NEED TO BE CHANGED OUT AS WELL BUT NOT SURE HOW TO GET THIS DONE
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
5/23/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
IF this came in the shop I would not touch the old wiring, I would use the existing spot to mount the sat. and then run the wires in wire loom, secure them down every two feet with small stain less screws and plastic clamps. Pre drill a hole into the area you want the cables going and then use a larger drill bit to get the hole to the proper size. Normally they will drop into a cabinet. They make special plates that cover the cables and hole, you would apply some dicor sealant and then the plate gets screwed down and then sealed over the screws on the plate. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert
Robert the rg-56 wire has to come out cause directv doesn't work with that cable it needs to be rg-6 and I also need to install a 12v power supply to this king dome unit so I have to take out the ceiling to this coach and not sure how it comes out to do this
and I am not wanting to run these wires in a wire chase on my ceiling that would look tacky
OK
Well I can not say where the wires come in and anytime I install a Sat. I will run the wires on the roof and make them look neat and punch a hole above the cabinet where all the components are going.
My goal is for you to be satisfied, I will put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert can assist you better. I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily... Robert