Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a voltage with a dometic 10 button thermostat and is

Customer Question

we have a voltage with a dometic 10 button thermostat and is flashing E1 - is there a reset? We are in Texas and it's hot and no RV tech will answer
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Below is a link for you, copy and paste that into your browser it will tell you how to reset the thermostat. Make sure you disconnect the AC voltage and the DC voltage at the battery for 20 mins.
Link below
https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/dometic_ccc2_e1_error_recovery.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This did not work
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
Then it may not be a simple fix, the E-1 code means there is a communication fault between the thermostat and circuit board inside the AC unit. It could be a bad thermostat, circuit board or the cables running from the thermostat to the board...
Sometimes the code will go away when you remove all the power, so at this point I would have it looked at, my only other suggestion would be to check the wires from the thermostat to the circuit board on the AC unit, make sure they are not loose or rubbing on anything...
My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know... Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we get another opinion to see if there is anything else to try. We are desperate here.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
Yes I will put your question back up for other experts, I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily. IF I think of anything else I will jump back in... Robert