RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Winegard SWM/SK-SWM3 will not go down. msg is el motor…

Customer Question
My Winegard SWM/SK-SWM3 will not...
My Winegard SWM/SK-SWM3 will not go down.
msg is el motor home failure. It is about half
LAID DOWN with rec ports pointed up
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
5/22/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....
It could be an issue with the motor, wiring or it needs calibrated. Try to go into the menu options and select installation, then select calibrate EL, if a password ***** ***** try 0000 it will begin the calibration process and ask to confirm it's position if it will still not work you will have to have it looked at... Robert
Where do I find the calibration web site
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Try this...
Try this...
1. Press [POWER] and hold for 2 seconds to turn “ON” the TRAV’LER Interface Box. Wait until the Interface Box finishes “connecting to antenna”.
2. Press [ENTER] and hold for 2 seconds or until the unit displays “Enter User Menu”. Press [SELECT] to move the asterisk to “Yes”. Press [ENTER].
3. Press [SELECT] to move the asterisk to INSTALLATION.
4. Press [ENTER]. You will be asked to provide a code to enter the Installation Menu.
5. Press [ENTER] 4 times to enter code 0000.
6. From the Installation Menu,
7. Press [SELECT] to move “ * ” to “Calibrate EL” and Press [ENTER].
8. Press [SELECT] to move “ * ” to YES.
9. Press [ENTER] to start the elevation calibration procedure. The LCD should now display
“ Calibrate EL In Progress ...”.
10. After a few moments the IDU LCD will display
“On EL Hard Stop?
Yes *No”.
Visually examine the antenna to verify that the antenna is against the Hard Stop. The antenna will be pointing as
far up as it can go, this is the Hard Stop.
11. Press [SELECT] once to move asterisk to “Yes” if antenna is on the Hard Stop.
12. Press [ENTER] and the LCD will display “Calibrate EL Success”.
13. Press and Hold [POWER] for 2 seconds to to stow the antenna.