RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fuse in the thermostat on rear airconditioner keeps blowing…

Customer Question
fuse in the thermostat on...
fuse in the thermostat on rear airconditioner keeps blowing .ondered what could be causing it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
5/19/2015
RV Mechanic: Larry Welch,
 replied 3 years ago
Larry Welch
Hi Larry here. Need to ask a few questions so we can get started.
THIS ALSO BLEW THE 15AMP FUSE THAT OPERATES THE REAR SLIDE OUT
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi this can be one of three things, the thermostat, the wiring to the air conditioner or the electronics, Do this test, disconnect the wires from the thermostat at the airconditioner electronic box, then replace the fuse, if it blows reconnect, and disconnect the wires at the thermostat, and reapply fuse. tell me what happens. thanks, ***** ***** describe the thermostat to me...........Michael
MOTOR HOME ISNT WHERE I CAN GET TO IT RIGHT NOW. I WILL HAVE TO TRY IT WHEWN I CAN GET TO IT.THE THERMOSATAT IS JUST ELECTRONIC ONE WITH SETTINGS & ON &OFF&FAN SETTINGS.
thanks for getting back to me, when you get a chance, get the info on the thermostat, and try the test I suggested, thanks.........Michael
Hi, just checking in, how are you doing?