RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

After you light it and it stays lite the flame comes back by…

after you light it and...
after you light it and it stays lite the flame comes back by the air adjuster what causes that
5/16/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....
To start I would blow out the water heater intake and exhaust really good make sure nothing is in the heating chamber. Also blow out the burner tube and I would also try and adjust the air shutter if you have not done so. Make sure the flame spreader is also square to the end of the main burner tube. I might also pull the pilot orifice and soak it in alcohol. After that I would have the LP pressure verified at the back of the water heater, that can be accomplished with a manometer, most RV shops have that tool... Hope this helps some... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic