Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I HAVE LOST MY POWER TO LOWER THE JACKS, , ALONG

Customer Question

I HAVE LOST MY POWER TO LOWER THE JACKS, FOR LEVELING, ALONG WITH POWER TO AUXILARY 12 VOLT PLUG INS, THE HORN, THE ABILITY TO SHUT OFF THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS. I WAS RUNNING THE GENERATOR LAST NITE AND HAD RUNNING LITES THAT WOULDN'T SHUT OFF (HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE LAST YEAR) AND DISCONNECTED THE 12 VOLT BATTERIES TO SHUT THE RUNNING LITES OFF. THE LITES DID SHUT DOWN BUT THE GENERATOR ALSO QUIT. RESTARTED THE GENIE AND EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE OK. DID SMELL A STRONG ELECTRICAL ODOR. THIS AM TRIED TO LOWER THE LEVELING JACKS WITH NO SUCCESS. DID GET THEM DOWN LATER BUT MANUALLY. THE MOTOR HOME IS A 1998 LONDON AIRE BY NEWMAR. I THINK IT IS A FUSE OR BREAKER BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO LOOK.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Without a print it would be hard to troubleshoot this, If I had a print I would give it to you. It sounds to me like this is all on the chassis side. What I would do is get a test light, start at the chassis battery and follow the cables to the main chassis fuse box, probe all your fuses for power, make sure the ignition switch is ON when checking for power. As you are checking look for any signs of burnt wires if you smelt smoke then there may be some signs.... The test light will allow you to see where power is present and missing, it is a quick and easy check, most auto parts stores sell the test lights..... Robert