Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

What makes the GFI kick off after about 30 minutes runtime?

Customer Question

What makes the GFI kick off after about 30 minutes runtime? GFI has been replaced and tested. The "heaters" have been replaced by my local RV repair that I use.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What I would do to start is get a polarity checker and verify the wiring is good from the outlet to the breaker panel. Most home improvement stores sell them for a few dollars, it will tell you if there is a wiring issue, if it picks up a fault I would check the wiring at any other outlets and breaker panel. Normally if the heating element in the fridge went out it could trip the GFI. I would check the circuit board for any loose connections especially where the heating element wires are coming into the board. Make sure you unplug the fridge before checking any connections. IF you unplug the fridge from the outlet when it is in Auto it should switch over to LP and run until it senses the AC power. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert