spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

How is the engine temerature controled in a monnaco dynasty

Customer Question

how is the engine temerature controled in a monnaco dynasty with cummins diesel
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for delay.
The temp is controlled by the thermostat,,water pump,,engine cooling fan,,and radiator.
If temp is erratic that is a sign of a defective thermostat not opening and closing correctly so temps will be all over the place and would cause overheating.
The thermostat is located in housing just below upper radiator hose
I would change it out and install fresh coolant.
One other thing that could effect engine temp is a dirty radiator so while you are changing thermostat I would blow out radiator with either high pressure air or water just be careful not to damage fins on radiator as that would cause more issues.
You also want to inspect cooling fans/s for any missing/broken blades and repair as needed.
Thanks in advance for leaving a positive rating. If you happen to need more help, this question will stay open for weeks.
spanky