RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My onan 5000 runs min then stops. Just installed new

Customer Question
My onan 5000 runs for...
My onan 5000 runs for 5 min then stops. Just installed new fuel pump, have pressure at carb. Have good oil level and 1/2 tank of gas in mh. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
5/6/2015
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of the genset, exactly as it is written on the data label?
While it is running, is it running smooth, or does it surge?
When it shuts down, does it just shut down like someone turned it off, or does it run rough before shutting down?
When it shuts down, will it start right back up, or does it have to sit for a while before it will restart?
.
gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic