RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold fridge:Worded good until turned it off, just worked…

Norcold fridge:Worded good until turned...
Norcold fridge:Worded good until turned it off, just worked on LP when turned back on. Have changed heating elements and power board; also checked fuses, breakers, etc. Any suggestions. Have read manual!
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** is the model of the Norcold? Are you getting any codes and it is only not working on AC power? Robert

Norcold 1200, code "no co" did not work on AC to start with. I contacted Just answer last month and tried all that was suggested. LP worked for a while but then stopped, also. when working cooled and froze good. ice maker even worked. there are no leaks.

OK Not sure IF I worked with you on this or not, do you have a sensor on the back of the fridge, it will have a LED light on a small box, need to know if that is ON.... Robert

I don't know. Husband not here to go check. What would it be sensoring?

On that model they had a high temp sensor recall done, it will be a small black box under the outside access panel and will have a led on it, if the LED is ON then the fridge will not work... Need to know if that light is ON, it would not be mentioned in the manual.... Robert

we have had something attached after the recall; I assume it was that.

OK... See if the light is ON... Also No Co means no cooling detected by the controls, have you tried to reset the circuit board? Robert

We have not reset the new board. Should that be done? Also may I recontact you in alittle while when my husband returns?

Yes you can contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you have the NO CO code and the light for the sensor is OFF then a reset can be done to get that code to go away.... Robert

I will contact you in about an hour or so, if that is ok.

No problem.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Robert, I'm back on. The LED light is not burning.

OK So if you have the NO CO code you can try and reset the board. What you need to know is the NO CO is no cooling detected by the controls, so if the code comes back it could be a cooling unit issue. It will depend on the reset because they have two different circuit boards. Click HERE and HERE to view the reset.... Robert

Will try this; do you do both or just one. When the sensor was installed, they used the # ***** and 14 pin. Can another pin be used?

IT depends on the board on which reset you do. Not sure about the sensor and why they would tie into pin 15 and 14 the reset has to be done exact as the manual indicates, I might disconnect the sensor wires if you have to.,... Robert

To be sure we are on the same page, our unit is model 120X-IMXX and the board is 628661, serial #(###) ###-####

OK Then click HERE this is the proper reset, do not worry about the other.... Robert

Will removing the fault code allow the power to come back on?

OK IT would or should reset the NO CO code, if you do not have power at all to the fridge, unplug the cord and then remove the cover on the circuit board and make sure you do not have a fuse blown... Robert

We have electrical power to refrigerator and it is a brand new board and brand new heating elements. Unit was cooling and freezing before the "brain" went out. Will try reset in the morning.

If I need to contact you again do I need a work item #?

You should just be able to respond like you have I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert

OK, hope it comes on. Thanks, Goodnight

Just respond to this if needed... Thanks Robert

Have reset board and "no co" code gone. Have unit set manually on AC; now getting code "LI oP" which I cannot find in manual. ????

OK.... With that code it means hi temp condition. On the back of the fridge is the LED light ON for the sensor now? The sensor will have wires going to the flue canister and circuit board.... Robert

Had unplugged sensor when replaced now reading no co again.

OK You are starting to get to the point where it could be a bad component such as the circuit board, cooling unit or even that sensor. I might have a shop take a look at this, the only reason being each part is very spendy. Normally the No Co means the controls have locked the fridge out for a high temp condition, if the fridge runs and then the code comes up then could be a bad cooling unit, the remedy is to reset and get the code cleared. The sensor is also tied into the circuit and will also give a code which is what you saw when it was not hooked up. Just to be sure the led light has not failed on the sensor get a magnet and run it along the box and see if it will reset. Inside is a reed switch and the magnet might reset it, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.... Robert

Will try this. If it resets what should we expect to happen next?

The code would clear and you would be able to use the fridge... Robert

the magnet we used was not real strong but we tried anyway. We still are getting the no co code. Thanks for your help.

No problem.... Robert