Larry Welch
Larry Welch,
Experience:  Master RV Tech at Hickory RV
81671807

Larry I have 9 month old domestic fridge in rv has worked

Customer Question

Hi Larry I have 9 month old domestic fridge in rv has worked fine until last night..just stopped..I'm plugged into land line with no other problems. This morning tried propane ..it lit but still has not cooled. I am relatively level where I'm parked (slight tilt but barely noticeable and all liquids in cups water jugs etc are really pretty level. I called domestic not much help there and there is no one available to come out to me asap: I have a guest coming this weekend and am wondering can I use regular freezer packs temporarily to ensure food remains ok? And if you have any other suggestions other than kicking it (!) thank you???
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, sorry to hear of your troubles, what is the model number of the refrigerator, its located inside the box on a sticker, and you can use the refer as an ice chest, with the freezer packs, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rm241.2rx
any chance it is a 2410?
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it's Larry again. Shall we finish our diagnosis?
Hi, I cannot locate the 241 in my records, thats why I want to know if it is a 2410
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael yes you are correct its a 2410
When it is operating on gas or electric, when you go to the back of the refrigerator, are the coils warm?
I am sorry, apparently another "expert" has stepped into my question, I will step out and let him continue. Happy Trails
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It had been on electric when I discovered it had stopped working..so this morning I put it on propane it was running on propane for about 8 hours and really didn't feel any cooler so I shut all of it off about an hour ago..just felt could (it's pretty cold outside) and most of them didn't feel that warm except the bottom one
Is the freezer cold, and the box not? Or is neither cold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing's cold
Thanks, ***** ***** is functioning on electric, or gas, and it is heating up in the rear, and neither box nor freezer are getting cold, unfortunatly the cooling unit is suspect, Level is key, and ventilation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So should I try putting it on again and seeing if the coils get hot?
I would check level, and turn it on again, we need to verify the controls are indeed working, Let it run, and then check in the morning, let me know at that time thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's really pretty level (I've been at less level places than here) how do I reach you tomorrow?
Just respond to this when your ready, what I find interesting is that in your question you say the refer is 9 months old, and the model was manufactured like your coach in the 90's
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Really? What the hec? I paid lots of $$& for it it seemed new?
take a look at this service manual, and tell me if this is your refer, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael..I'm so sorry but I have to go now..the most important thing is that you are saying for now it is okay for me to use ice packs to keep food fresh..I turned the fridge back on and can get back to you tomorrow re the rest of this..but I am still unsure how to do this..I have to keep the window open all night? Isn't there a way to pick this conversation back up tomorrow somehow?
Hi, I understand, just dont reply to this until tomorrow. thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ach..I'm in an rv in the mountains sketchy wifi..may lose signal???
You have not been talking Larry, I am larry. I don't know how he got on my question. If you want to continue with him, great. Just want you to know. Happy Trails
I will talk to you tomorrow, thanks
Hello, I am Larry. Do you still need help with your issue?