RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have the same issue with my 2005 Montana as the one on the…

I have the same issue...
I have the same issue with my 2005 Montana as the one on the web. Had both red and green lights on wall working as well yesterday. got up this morning and lights were on but furnace did not come on. Checked fuses, good, took unit off of wall and unplugged and re plugged, now no lights (red or green).
4/27/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 7 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, are you referring to an energy managment system with thermostats on the wall with thermostats for ft and rear ac's, as well as furnace?
yes
First of all do the ac's work properly?
Since we are in Colorado and the temp has not been hot, I have not used a/c's . Furnace is a must and has been working great until this morning.
Thanks, ***** ***** the service manual in my files would you like to have a copy??
I would, What is the cost if any?
Its included in your fee scroll down to the troubleshooting section, take a look, get back to me for clarification..............thanks Michael
I looked at the download and my system is NOT like the one you sent. I have a remote control with a unit on wall that has button for heat and and another for cool.Unit on wall beeps when turned on or changing tempeture.
I need more information about your system is there any information on the unit, name part number ect, thanks
Michael,
I am not at unit at the present time. I will not get back until tomorrow. Can I get back to you then?
Thats fine, I look forward to hearing from you, thanks MichaelAnother thought that might help, send me a link to the question you are relating to
www.justanswer.com/rv-motorhome/1s03c-2005-montana-dometic-thermostat-remote.htmlhttp://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/dometic/remote_comfort_control.htmlThis is what mine looks likeDid you receive the links I sent?
I did, thanks, ***** ***** reviewed them, unfortunatly, that system is obsolete. However here is what you can do, and I have done this many times, we want to isolate the furnace on its own thermostat, with direction is this something you would like to do.
I would.
First go to the hardware store and purchace an a analog heat only thermostat, it uses 2 wires, depending on where you decide to mount the thermostat ( in a location that you can get the wire to ) buy some 2 strand wire small guage is good 12 or 14.................Now access the furnace, you will see two blue wires these are the thermostat wires, you will cut them, and attatch your new wires to them, which wire does not matter, then wires to the thermostat, attatch the two wires, and test...........Most time is in routing the wire, please get back to me for clarification. thanks
Thanks, ***** ***** your help. I will get back to you.
Your welcome, let me know how you are progressing.....Michael
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thanks for getting back about my issue with my heating and ac. I haven't yet tried your suggestion on hooking up a analog thermostat to funace. Concern I have is what to do about ac?
Any ideas for ac?
Hi good to hear from you, when we were talking before you had'nt tested the ac's so you didnt know if they were comming on, are they not comming on? And in the interm I had a thought, and this is probably rediculious but I have to ask, have you put new batteries in the remote? thanks
I did put new batteries in remote.
Thanks
thanks, ***** ***** the ac's working?
I don't know, nothing comes on because of problems of no heat or cool when I try to use remote.
Good morning with the remote no longer working you will need to replace the controls on the ac units to manual. This means you need to replace the electronics. With the model number of the units I can give you the part number of the plentiums,
Michael,
I finally got the numbers of a/c unit. (I only have 1 a/c).
MAKE: DUO-THERM
MODEL: 620626.321
PROD. NO.: ********* SERIAL NO.: 42932299
I hope this allows you to give me what I need to replace electronics.
You have been VERY helpful with my problem. I did as you suggested to install a analog thermostat and heater works fine.
Thanks
Allen Kling
Hi, I will contact Dometic, and get the correct information, thanks
Thanks
is the ceiling ducted, or does the ac unit have direct delivery?Another question, is the receiver for the remote on the wall?
Hello again, I reread your posts, and see that the sensor (receiver) is on the wall, this is important as we need to give you a thermostat that operates the ac. Fortunately there are wires from the wall mounted senor to the ac. We need to replace the receiver with a thermostat, and use the existing wires that run up in the ac for a new electronics package. As your ceiling is ducted, they dont make a plentium with manual controls for this changeover. So you need two parts the electronics(###) ###-####000 and(###) ###-####011 http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Dometic-3312020000-Comfort-Control-Center-II-Multi-Zone-Kit-Camper-Trailer-RV http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Dometic-3314082011-Comfort-Control-Center-II-White-Trailer-Camper-RV