RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have Atwood oven on our Jayco trailer. The pilot will double…

We have Atwood oven on...
We have Atwood oven on our Jayco trailer. The pilot will double in size.The oven burner will not light. Their is LP gas present. Could it be the safety valve bad?
4/16/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 7 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Your assessment is correct, in that when the pilot flame doubles in size, it is calling for heat, so the thermostat is working properly, it heats the bulb that tells the safety valve to open, as it is not happening, you need to replace the safety valve
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
I will replace the safety valve. Is this hard job?
no not a difficult task, take the bottom tray out of the oven above the burner. push it back and up, and it will come out