RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

my dometic RM 763 AES fridge will not stay on that

my dometic RM 763 AES...
my dometic RM 763 AES fridge will not stay on for more that a few minutes on 110 volt operation. After turning on the unit the green light comes on, then the striker starts trying to light even though the gas valve is off. After a minute or two the striker stops and the red flashing light comes on. I then cycle the power switch off then back on and the green light comes on and the heater element heats up and the fridge seems to work normally but it lasts for only a few minutes then it shuts off and the red flashing light comes on. Can you help?
3/21/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** start I would ohm out the AC heating element to make sure it is good. You should have around 48 ohms, there is some tolerance allowed plus or minus 10%.. The AC heating element wires will run from the flue canister to the circuit board. This is an older model and may require some in depth troubleshooting, to help you out on this click HERE for a service manual, your model is covered. This will step you through the troubleshooting steps.... Hope this helps out... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic