RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just bought a 2008 Phaeton. The previous owner could not…

I just bought a 2008...
I just bought a 2008 Phaeton. The previous owner could not get one jack retracted and, using a tech, replaced the motor and jack. The jacks were extended when I picked the MH up. I retracted the jacks and closed the slides to bring the unit to my home. Upon bringing the Phaeton to my parking space, 500 miles from the purchase place, the jack on switch will not activate. I have tried many times and only once did the panel light up. On that occasion I pressed all and extend, the wait processing light came but all the panel lights turned off. The batteries show full charge.
3/15/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
Who is the manufacturer of the Jacks? It should say on the controls...
Robert
Atwood levelegs
OK This might not be a simple fix, especially if it has been worked on. Need to make sure the engine is running, the parking brake is set and the transmission is in park. IF the pad still will not turn on then it sounds like a wiring issue from the pad to the control board. You could try to reset the system as well to see if that helps. Click HERE and see the very last page, maybe the system will respond. I would also find the control box and check the connection at the control box and pad. Wiring issues can be hard to track down and I might have a shop investigate this more... Hope this helps some.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic