RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2011 forrest river by flagstaff and the overhead lights…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 forrest...
I have a 2011 forrest river by flagstaff and the overhead lights stopped working as well as exaust fan in bathroom. The receptacles still work and all fuses are intact
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: RV
3/15/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded....

Are the other DC items working such as the water pump, furnace etc working? Is it just the lights and the fan?

Thanks, Robert

I am not sure about the furnace. .never been used. All.the lights inside and outside are not operating. It's hooked into power by 30amp plug outside my house.

OK

It is really important to know if all the DC items other then the lights are not working. Other DC items would be the fridge, water heater, water pump etc.... IF you need to check and get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert

Robert

The fridge is not operating. .no water heater it was changed to inline gas and no water pump that I'm aware of

OK...

IF you are missing all the DC voltage items such as the lights, fridge etc. and the outlets are working which are AC power then you could have an issue with the power converter. When you are plugged in the power converter will take the AC voltage and makes the DC voltage. When you unplug the converter switches to battery power.
Most all your appliances require DC voltage to work even the fridge.
Sometimes on the cable from the converter to the battery you might find an auto breaker, below is a picture, normally they like to stick them 18" from the battery. Some are thermal and some have a small tab that pops out when they trip.
The other issue is the converter. Some converters are part of the main fuse/breaker panel and others stand alone and plug into an outlet. The stand alone type can be located almost anywhere, under the stove, fridge behind the breaker panel etc. IF you know the make and model of the converter please let me know I might be able to help some more... Robert

Auto Breaker.