RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM 2612 and wish to run it on electricity.

Occasionally it will come on...
I have a Dometic RM 2612 and wish to run it on electricity. Occasionally it will come on for a few hours but mostly doesn't work at all. I have no idea how to work the controls as there is no thermostat I can see - only on or off, or manual or auto.
How do I get it to work?
3/12/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
Below are the instructions for operation. When in Auto it will always try to work on AC power, if you loose AC power it should switch over to LP. Once the AC power is restored it will go back to that source. It will take several hours for the box to cool.
Please let me know if the fridge is not cooling after trying both sources.... Robert
START-UP INSTRUCTIONS
Before starting the refrigerator, check that all the manual gas valves are in the ON position. DO NOT forget the manual shutoff valve on the rear of the refrigerator. . .
This refrigerator is equipped with a control system, which can automatically select the most suitable energy source which is available, either 120 Volt AC or LP gas operation. The refrigerator can be operated in either the AUTO mode (thermostat factory preset below the safe food storage temperature)or MANUAL mode (continuous operation - no thermostat control).
NOTE: Under certain cool weather conditions, the food in the lower portion of the fresh food compartment
may freeze if operated for an extended period of time on the MANUAL mode.
A. A 12 volt DC supply must be available for the electronic control to function. The refrigerator will work
down to 9.6 volt DC.
B. Press the main power ON/OFF button (1) to the DOWN position.
B. In AUTO mode operation, the temperature is controlled by a single temperature setting, on the energy
source selected by the control system.
C. In MANUAL mode operation, the refrigerator will run continuously on the energy source selected by the
control system.
where are the manual gas valves? I think I found the one on the back of the unit at bottom right - I turned the slot to the vertical position - hopefully that is correct. Are there other gas valves? If so, where? And does the manual gas have to be on in order to run the fridge on AC power?
OK
Yes outside under the access panel for the fridge will be the manual shut off the slot should be running with the same direction of the pipe. As long as AC power is available then you do not need the gas on to run it on that source. IF you like I can provide you a service manual with pictures and troubleshooting steps, it might be good to have.. Let me know... Robert
Well, it seems to be cooling a bit now. I turned the manual shut off back the way it was - i.e. the same direction as the pipe.
What I did find on an online manual was the climate control switch up underneath the freezer door and turned that on. It had been off. So the only change is that. It is good to know that a manual valve is open when it is turned the same direction as the pipe - I did not know that. And it is good to know that the gas line can be off when running on AC only.
How much is a service manual?
Thank you, Deanie
OK
Below is a link for you on the manual... Copy and paste that into your browser..... One thing on the high humidity switch is make sure you turn it OFF when you are not using the fridge, if that switch is left on it could drain the batteries, have seen that happen many times. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating IT is the only way I get credit..... Robert...
Link....
http://jular.ca/nv/data/pdf/26121_2852SM.PDF
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
I had to leave the computer and was disconnected - I'll try to get back to your site to do ratings etc.
RE the fridge - it seems to be getting colder, I'll probably have to wait a few days to make sure it doesn't turn itself off again.
But thank you, ***** ***** helpful, Chadeayne
IF you need more help on this please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can, you did rate me so you are all set...
Thanks, Robert