RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our 2007 Jayco Eagle 5th wheel refrigerator stopped cooling…

Our 2007 Jayco Eagle 5th...
Our 2007 Jayco Eagle 5th wheel refrigerator stopped cooling on elec. or propane. We have tried resetting it several times and it still will not cool. The light inside of the unit comes on, but it does not cool. We get the warning signal "5" blinks. Can this be repaired? Ballpark figure of cost to repair? If not repairable, what is the cost in having a new unit? Thanks. Joe
3/6/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
Can you please get me the make and model of the fridge?
Robert
The refrigerator is a Norcold 291 RLTS, 8 cu. ft. Two-door, freezer on the top. Thanks.
OK
Not sure on that model number however on the Norcolds the 5 blinks means no cooling detect by the controls and the board will shut down. This could be a circuit board or cooling unit issue. What you can try to do is a reset at the circuit board... Below are two links for you, it will depend on the type of board you have. IF the code comes back after the fridge has been running it could be a cooling unit issue. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, smell ammonia or hear a gurgle when you turn it on... I would try the reset as sometimes low voltage can also trigger that code.
Links below, copy and past into your browser.....
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf
OK. Thank you. We would like to try the reset at the circuit board when we travel to where our 5th wheel is stored. Therefore, we would like to be able to keep in contact with you regarding this situation, which may not be until April or May. There is a lot of snow here right now and the 5th wheel has been winterized. Thanks again.
OK
Sounds good, you should be able to select a rating and then follow up if needed, book mark this page. I am around every day of the year and respond when I can so if you still need more help please feel free to contact me.. Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
The model number is ***** FRT and the serial number is(###) ###-####which was located on the door of the refrigerator. We've read the info sent to us through the bryantrv.com link and that did not resolve the issue. We checked the circuits, outside for debris, etc.
OK
So did you try the reset and the code will not go away? Or will it go away and come back?
Due to weather I am not able to provide this answer right now. Will follow up at a later date. Thanks.
Sounds great.... Robert
Hi Robert, I sent you a series of questions but not sure it went to you so I will repeat now.
Could please tell me where the power board is located. Thanks, Joe
OK
No I did not get any questions. The control board will be located under the outside access for the fridge should sit lower left corner and have a plastic cover that you can remove... Robert