RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Replaced bottles for heater,fan came on heat tried to fire…

Customer Question
Replaced bottles for heater,fan came...
Replaced bottles for heater,fan came on heat tried to fire never did,now fan want even come on.Heat was having issues staying fired before this
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: RV
1/3/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

Do you have the make and model of the furnace?

Robert
Atwood 8535-iv
OK

If the fan came on and it tried to spark three times it might be in lock out mode. First off go to the main LP tank valve shut the valve and then open it slowly, if that valve is opened top fast the regulator could lock up and you might not get the proper LP pressure, if you have an LP detector also make sure it is turned on...

Next go to the back of the furnace and remove the connector from the circuit board for a few mins, plug it back in and then see if the furnace will start. As soon as you turn the thermostat ON and raise the temp the fan should come on before anything else happens...

If that does not work please let me know, this might take some going back and forth as it is a process of elimination... Robert
Still nothing
OK

When you turn the T stat ON it should send a signal to the circuit board and then the fan should kick on, If you go down to the furnace look for a blue wire and see if it has voltage, if it does not have voltage when you turn the thermostat on then the thermostat is at fault. IF you have voltage at the circuit board it could be the board or blower motor. Click HERE and see page 10. On some the signal (blue wire) will go to a time delay relay and on others it is part of the circuit board. Also most RV shops will have a special tester for these boards.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Hi There

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert