RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My water heater on my 2014 Coachman Freelander 29QB is turning…

My water heater on my...
My water heater on my 2014 Coachman Freelander 29QB is turning igniting and then shuts off. I cannot find a thermostat and all the connections look fine. The pilot is lighting. What else can I check?
12/8/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

Can you get me the make and model of the water heater, should be located on a sticker under the outside access panel....

Thanks, Robert

Atwood G6A-8E

OK

To start on this I would blow out the burner tube really good, sometimes debris can get into the tube and cause issues. Next what I would try is adjusting the electrode, it senses the presence of the flame, the electrode will sit above the burner tube (under the outside access) I would close the gap some on the electrode and see if it stays running. It could also be a LP pressure issue, go to the main tank shut the valve, then open it slowly. Sometimes if the valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure.
Beyond that I would have the dealer take a look, if it is a 2014 you should have some warranty left. IF you start taking to much apart and they catch on you could void the warranty I have seen that before.
IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

None of that worked.

OK

The next step would be to have the circuit board tested to make sure it is good. The thermostat is disc mounted to the water heater that has a set temp, they do not fail that often. IF you have good DC voltage and LP gas it should be lighting off, since this is a 2014 I would have the dealer take a look as it should be covered under warranty. IF you would like another experts opinion please let me know.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic