RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

i have a 2006 FR Cardinal 5th wheel. it has been parked in…

Customer Question
i have a 2006 FR...
i have a 2006 FR Cardinal 5th wheel. it has been parked in the same RV park for 2 years to a 50 AMP circuit and doing fine. 2 days ago, 1 side of the RV lost AC power. battery power still works. lights and A/C units are not working. checked all circuit breakers & fuses that I can find and they are OK. Thought this might be a GFI issue but can't locate a GFI on the entrance door side (the side with no power). I found one on other side and reset it but it only affected that side. What an I missing?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: RV
10/13/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....

Sounds like a GFI issue, sometimes they will in fact stick a GFI on each side of the RV many times the bathroom and galley will have one but from my experince they can be anywhere including the outside so you want to look high and low and also outside. IF you do not find any the next step would be to see if you have AC power in and out of that breaker for the circuit. IF you do then I would go to the first no working outlet and check for power and then work away from the panel. I might also try another supply if you have not tried that. 50 amp is 2 120 volt legs coming in, so if one leg was down you still could have some AC power. IF you are missing AC voltage at the breaker panel could be the cord.... Hope this helps some... Robert
Robert,
I guess I should have made myself more clear. I have already looked "high & low, inside & out" for a GFI. Only located the 1 and it didn't resolve anything. As I already stated, I DO have AC power to half of the RV. The air conditioners & overhead lights don't work and neither do the right side outlets. Since I live in AZ, right now the important thing is the air conditioner. I don't have the means to test for power in the line and with the park full, I moving to another spot to try another supply is out.
Looks like time to call repairman.
Understand without any type of volt meter it would be hard to troubleshoot this on your own..... Sorry I could not help more... Robert