RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 Jayco Qwest fifth wheel camper. The LP water…

I have a 2001 Jayco...
I have a 2001 Jayco Qwest fifth wheel camper. The LP water heater and furnace stopped working. When you try lighting the pilot, it ignites while you hold it, but doesn't stay lit when you let it go. I've changed the thermo coupler with no improvement. The stove still works normally, however. but the water heater and furnace stopped working at the same time.
8/9/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert.....

To start I would go to the main LP tank, slowly shut the valve and then slowly open it back up, do not turn it back from the full open position, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the correct pressure. Speaking of pressure since you have two LP appliances not working I would have a RV shop check it out for you. A manometer is needed to check the pressure, just because the stove is working does not mean the pressure is correct. The system needs 11" of water column for the appliances to work, a shop with a manometer can test the operating pressure and do a leak down check, it takes only about 1/2 hour to do this. To me it sounds like a supply issue with the LP if both appliances failed at the same time... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic