RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold*****RV Refrig - doesn't cool. I replaced the

Customer Question
Norcold*****RV Refrig - doesn't cool...
Norcold*****RV Refrig - doesn't cool. I replaced the control board with the correct Dinosaur board, resistor R1 on the original board was burned. Now the AC and LP lights on the eyebrow board come on, but cooling does not.
I disconnected the AC element heater wires and connected them directly to AC, cooling started, let it run that way all night, got very cold.
The voltages tested per the Norcold repair manual are OK. Looks to me that the eyebrow board is not turning on the relays on the control board, or the thermistor is bad or the 8 conductor cable is bad. What do you think? Haven't found a replacement eyebrow board yet to try out. Gene
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
7/24/2014
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 8 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, hi to test the thermister, unplug it from the eyebrow, and if its the problem, the refer will come on when unplugged.....Have you taken off all of the wires, cleaned and reinstalled? that would be prudent. And just know if the data cable is bad it would be the first one I've ever seen, but possible, you can ohm the pins and see if each wire is conducting............ Normally in your situation , the power board replacment will resolve your issue.............