RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a Keystone 5th wheel and the refrigerator is not working…

Customer Question
We have a Keystone 5th...
We have a Keystone 5th wheel and the refrigerator is not working (getting cool) but the freezer is working fine. What do you think? Its is a Dometic LP gas and electric Freezer is cooling but not cold and the frig is not cooling at all.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/24/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert :

Hi my name is***** you get me the model of the Dometic?

Robert :

Also have you tried running it on AC power and do you get the same results?

Customer:

My husband is checking. we have a book on it and the numbers are RM2652 / RM2852

Customer:

RM2652 for sure

Customer:

It is on Ac power and get same results

Customer:

its on Auto. plugged into land line

Robert :

OK This could be a cooling unit issue or the thermistor..... Do you have a volt meter?

Customer:

yes we have a volt meter. what is it suppose to be..reading. we can check in the morning

Robert :

You want to ohm out the thermistor to make sure it is good click HERE and see page 11, it will explain... IF that is good and you are having the same issues on LP and AC the cooling unit might be bad.... Robert

Robert :

Also the freezer will always get cold long before the box, it is how the cycle is set up, so it is possible to have a bad cooling unit with the freezer getting cold... Robert

Customer:

thank you.

Robert :

No problem the service manual should help you out on this..... Robert