RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Gene I need to know which the correct solenoids and how do…

Gene I need to...
Gene I need to know which the correct solenoids and how do they function with the slide out valves located underside beneath the drivers area. The hydraulic motor located beneath and front of the radiator runs, I charged the batteries .
The motor comes to speed but (or sounds like it) And when I release the Extend switch it sounds like the motor runs backwards like it is releasing pressure. At the beginning I tried to open the release valves located under the frame but no go
I was able to alternately run the retract hydraulics and crank on the annual winch and pull hard on each end of the slide out to get it back in
7/7/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....

I see you asked this a few days ago and never responded, I have not seen Gene around in a very long time...... What you can do is swap the wires on the solenoids and see if the problem changes, if the problem changes when you retract the solenoid is bad and will need to be replaced. From my experince if the pump runs, and the fluid level is good it is a solenoid issue. Also if the room creeps in or out or moves on it's own. I beleive on you your unit you just have two for the slide rooms and they have T handles on them... Try swapping the wires and see if the problem changes... Hope this helps.. Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic