RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My 2008 45 Yorkshire Dynastys rear passenger-side slide

My 2008 45' Yorkshire Dynasty's...
My 2008 45' Yorkshire Dynasty's rear passenger-side slide 'comes out' up to 4-5" while parked? I noticed 8-12 months ago it was slipping out perhaps 1-2 ". Now, (in leveled mode) it is slipping out 4-5". It extends and retracts fine. The other slides don't have this problem.Can you please diagnose my problem?
6/30/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert

IS this the bedroom or living room slide out?, they both have a different manufacturer.... Robert

OK

So wanted to get this to you so you can have a look. The manual for your year says you have a lippert electric slide for the bedroom and a HWH for the living room. This really is strange, I would think the HWH hydraulic room would be moving and not the electric operated room. Click HERE and see if this looks like the motor, it should be under the bed. IF that is the case then it has to be the switch or motor. What I would do is remove the switch wires and see if it moves,if it does not I would replace the switch to see if it takes care of the issue, if it still moves has to be the motor.....
Also was talking to another expert, if the manual overide switch is on then it also might come out. You can see that switch in the manual I sent... Robert

test

Yes I am here did you get my answers on this?

Robert

Robert, This is the HWI system , Not the Lippert electric motor since the bedroom has two slides.

OK

That makes way more sense to me I should have waited for your reply, was trying to be on top of it.... OK So if the room is moving out on it's own most likely you have a faulty solenoid valve, have seen this many times with HWH.... The solenoids will be near the pump/motor and will have wires going to them, on the end of the cap is a small nut, you want to make sure they are all shut. I am not sure which one is for the extend but you will have an extend and retract solenoid per room. Many times you can feel them, have someone run the room out and you should hear it and feel it click. If the room is creeping out then it has to be the extend solenoid. I believe the dipstick cap is a 1/4" nut driver that will fit on the solenoid. IF you change this out your self make sure you release all the 1/4" nuts about 5 turns each, this will take the pressure off the lines..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Thanks Robert: Is the only way to determine a bad solenoid is to replace it?

Well..... You could swap the wires on the solenoid, run the room out and see if it creeps in... So you would just swap the wires for that room... Hope that makes sense.. Beyond that is could be a bad cylinder which would be a royal pain to change out..... Hope that makes sense... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic