RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold RV refrigerator Model 9182 Year 1998 All…

Customer Question
I have a Norcold RV...
I have a Norcold RV refrigerator Model 9182 Year 1998
All code lights are blinking and the unit is freezing food.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/9/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....

It really matters how many times and which lights are flashing. Click HERE to have a look and it will step you through the troubleshooting so you can see which symptom you are having. IT could be operating in back up operating system if it is freezing everything, that would indicate an issue with the thermistor or circuit board. The service manual should help.... IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

I have previously checked the manual and because all lights are flashing continually it says to call manufacturer or technician.

How do I know if it's the thermistor or control board.

OK

What you can do is take an ohm reading at the thermistor. Do this with it at room temp. and then with the thermistor in a cup of ice water. You would go down to the circuit board and unplug the 4 pin connector, take a ohm reading on the pins for the thermistor. Below is a picture, also make sure the light is working inside. If you see the ohms moving from room temp to ice water it is working, I do not have a spec on that thermistor but you should see the ohm reading move when the temp changes..... Normally when these fail or become unplugged the fridge will default to full cold and freeze everything. I might try that first vs a circuit board as the circuit board cost allot of money.... Robert

Hi There

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert
So I replaced the thermistor and lights still pause and flash Should I reset the refrigerator after replacing the thermistor
If not what is the next course of action .
You could try a reset but not sure that is going to take care of the issue, I never heard back from you if you had tested the thermistor. I will look into this a bit more for you when I have time later today and respond... Robert
OK

So is your fridge a three way AC, DC and LP or do you only have LP and AC?

Thanks
Ac Lp. Battery
And as I said I replaced the thermistor and food is still freezing and All lights still flashing
OK

If you replaced the thermistor and the lights are all flashing on the control it can be that lower circuit board, I might try and disconnect the 12 volt power and ground to see if that helps any, if not you are looking at the lower circuit board... Robert