RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

my rv is a 09 keystone fuzion toy hauler, i was jacking the…

Customer Question
my rv is a 09'...
my rv is a 09' keystone fuzion toy hauler, i was jacking the camper up to get over the toolbox i have in the back ( ive done this several time when using my wifes truck) and anyway the jacks stopped (just like it blew a fuse), then go in the camper and the slide outs wont work also, and the electric awning isnt working either, ( it will not work on ac or dc) i have checked every fuse inside and out of the camper, they are all good, so there I am cant find any burnt or bad wires, and no blown fuses

what am I missing
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/7/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....

SO if you are plugged into power do you have any AC power or DC power at all? OR are you only missing power to the items you mentioned....

Robert

only ones not working are as stated above, the landing gears, slide outs and awning, every thing else works fine, i stripped back the hot and ground on the landing gear a hooked the battery straight to the landing gear motor, and it works like its suppose to. do you know of any in - line fuses they might have pushed up in the underbelly of the camper. Ive racked my brain, back and forth checking fuses, breakers, and wires, and i just dont know where im missing it @ I bet it something simple, but outta the 7 miles of wire and cable, i cant find it

OK

Many times the slide room and Jacks are wired directly to the battery and many times you will find an auto breaker, below is a picture, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip. The voltage should be the same on each side, normally they are 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. Try and follow the battery cables. I am not sure IF you have checked for that yet.... Robert

i just went out and disconnected them but dont see any tabs popped out on them

OK

IF you do not have a volt meter bypass them, some are thermal and maybe that is why you are not seeing a tab.... Robert
Hi I am just checking in with you... Last night another expert told me you might have a larger breaker coming off the battery and could be a 50 amp circuit breaker.... Let me know if you need more help or got the issue resolved... Robert

hey robert sorry, i got out there last night a messed with it, hes right there is a 50 amp one,a nd a 30 amp one, took the wiring off the auto breakers and i jumped them and still get nothing

Hmmmm...

I figured for sure that was the issue. I think the best would be to get a 12 volt test light and start checking for power, a test light is a quick and easy way to see where you are missing the DC voltage. Make sure the battery also has at least 12 volts, might want to have it load tested. My goal is for you to be satisfied, IF you would like to work with another expert please let me know... Robert

k appreciate it, alright gotta go get my fluke and getting to testing again im telling you ive been scratching my head for days, cause it seems like a breaker or fuse, im not the smartest but i figured for surely i could figure this out, when i find it eventually ill tell you what it was

Sounds good, If I think of anything else I will contact you.... Make sure you have good battery voltage as well should be over 11.5 volts... Robert
Hey Jason

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you still need more help

Let me know,
Robert

hey robert, sorry i got a little busy, i got new short stop circuits installed them, and nothing i cant seem to find where the break in the system is, i just dont understand

Yes this is making no sense...

I am going to put your question back up for other experts, my goal is for you to be satisfied, and maybe another expert can help... I do not know when or if one will respond they come and go daily... IF I think of anything else I will jump back in... Robert