RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2014 Silverback RE 29 fifth wheel. We have taken 5 short trips. We ran the furnace only once and have used...

We have a 2014 Silverback...
We have a 2014 Silverback RE 29 fifth wheel. We have taken 5 short trips. We ran the furnace only once and have used all the propane gas in the first of our 2/30# XXXXX tanks. In talking with other campers, does our trailer have a switch to change from propane to heat the water heater on electric when we are plugged in to 30 or 50 amps? We have no idea where to look if this is the case. The online manual for our trailer does not indicate any clear answer to our question. Thank you.
6/4/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....

Can you tell me the make and model of the water heater and I should be able to tell you.... There should be a sticker under the outside access panel for the water heater, it will most likely be an Atwood or Suburban.. But need the model number.....

Robert
Robert, I am not able to supply you with the info you need on make and model of water heater as all that info is in a binder in the trailer which is parked in our storage spot. I have no access to the trailer at this time. Sorry
OK

Once you get to the trailer, open the outside access for the water heater. IF it is a Suburban look in the lower left corner for a small switch, that switch needs to be ON and the water heater will work when you plug into shore power...... On the Atwood's, you will have a dual switch inside on a face plate, one is for electric operation and the other for LP..... IF you still need more help please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic