RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just purchase a Forest River 2006 motorhome and my refrigerator…

I just purchase a Forest...
I just purchase a Forest River 2006 motorhome and my refrigerator don't work, is a 2 door manufactured by Dometic. The freezer work perfectly. Before purchasing, we check all appliance and this refrigerator working good. Maybe I need to do something. Please help me. Thanks. Annie
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert

Can you get me the model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the door.... Also how long did you allow it to run?

Thanks, Robert

Dometic Model number PM2652, serial number 44206014. Turn on for 6 hours

OK

This is a RM 2652. The bad news is if the freezer is cooling you are not doing anything wrong. This could be an issue with the cooling unit or thermistor if it is not cooling on both AC power and LP. Six hours should have been long enough for the box to cool.... I can tell you what to look for and provide you a service manual for you but you will need a volt meter to check some items. IF this is something you want to do let me know. A shop will charge just under a hour to diagnose. Let me know and I can try and walk you through some troubleshooting.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic